Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Tell No One by Harlan Coben



oooooo, adult suspense! It's been way too long since I've read something like this. I forgot how much I love this genre! This is the first Coben novel I've read, and I read this one because it was nominated to be on the short list for the Abe Lincoln book award. I'm not sure if it will make it though. It is an ADULT novel, but there isn't anything too graphic--sex or violence wise. But, there aren't too many students I could recommend this to. Fans of Patricia Cornwell, Crichton and Cook would read it. Or Patterson. But, it'll be a tough sell to most of my students.

Dr. David Beck, the main character, loses his wife at his childhood getaway. She's murdered by a serial killer. But is she really dead? He receives mysterious emails that could only come from his wife. Then he sees her through an web link. Then people begin dying. A huge mixup between his wife's father (a cop, of course), the local rich guy, and local hoodlums drives the plotline. I must admit that I didn't know for sure what had happened. Things were tied up neatly at the end--no sequel needed here. I don't feel like I got to know Dr. Beck very well, but the plot is what sells this book.

No comments: