Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dark at the Roots by Sarah Thyre


Well this memoir was a kick to read, but I'm not if high school students will enjoy it. The author is a writer/actress who looks familiar to me but I'm not sure from where. The jacket says she has been on Conan O'Brien so maybe that's where I've seen her.
The cover of the book is awesome. Gotta love the freaky doll. My daughter wanted to read it and she's only four. She was very disappointed that there weren't any pictures.
The author had an interesting life. Her dad was strange and her mom was even worse. Nothing extremely traumatic happened, like in The Glass Castle or A Child Called It, but Sarah's childhood was definitely worth writing about. I'm sure she took some liberties to bring some humor into the situations though, but that's what writing a memoir is all about.

No comments: