Friday, March 9, 2007

Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill



Wow! It's been a long time since I've read an adult thriller like this one. It reminded me of early Stephen King, the Richard Bachman stuff. I was scared by page 40, and that's pretty good.

Judas is a a fifty-something aging rock star, living with a former stripper, who has made a lot of people angry in his life. Turns out the step-father of one of his former live-in's haunts him. His ex, Florida, committed suicide, and now the ghost of her dead step-father wants to make Judas kill himself and everyone around him. This is quite the psychological thriller. The stepfather was a sneaky hypnotist and almost every character in the novel has a hidden past. It took me two days to read this one because I didn't want to set it down. I am looking forward to reading his second novel.

No comments: