Monday, March 5, 2007

Rock Star, Superstar by Blake Nelson


You can't beat a good rock and roll novel, and this one is a great one! Pete is a bass player, and goes back and forth between the bands Mad Skillz and The Tiny Masters of Today. In the process, he falls in love with Margaret, a girl who dresses like a "punk librarian" and falls out of love a bit when his band gets popular and cool chicks start flirting with him. Pete knows he is a good bass player but the Tiny Masters change the way he thinks about music. They play at the big clubs in Seattle and even make their way down to L.A. to try to get a record deal.
After reading my attempt at a summary, the book doesn't sound all that interesting, but, believe me, it is. I like Pete. I like his music even though I've just read descriptions of it. I like his friends. And I like this book!

No comments: