Saturday, August 18, 2007

Body Movers by Stephanie Bond


I wanted to read a good chick lit book. I was unpacking all the new books for PHS and saw this one. The reason why I selected it? At the top of the front cover is the following quote: "This is the best book I've ever read!" and then it says it's by Stephanie's mom. Cute.

And the book delivered cute. Along with a mystery. Carlotta is sick of taking care of her brother. She raised him after their parents deserted them. He responds by hacking his way into the county's database and getting into debt with local loan sharks. Along comes the scruffy, good-looking cop. But, wait! Her brother's boss, a body mover and ex-medical examiner, is awfully cute, too. And her married ex-boyfriend is showing interest, too! Whoa! But rich society women end up dead and Carlotta is wrapped up in the mystery.

There is a sequel. Will I read it? Maybe.

No comments: