Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers


This was a cute little adult novel. I'm sure it will hit the bestsellers list soon--it's sappy and I can see book groups adopting it. It's what mothers hope will happen when they die. You know, the daughter starts to "realize that her mother is awesome" and that the kid shouldn't have caused her such grief. Maybe I sound sarcastic, but I think the book was a little over the top and sappy. Will it be a hit? yep.

One gripe--it's 2007. Do people really leave notes on the refrigerator door anymore? What about phone texts? emails? Really, I think phone texts would have been more appropriate. But then older people would have complained that they didn't understand the shortened words. Maybe the two could have used T9 and spelled everything correctly? :)

No comments: