Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich


Of course, this adult audiobook was a riot. I've laughed my way through Evanovich's previous thirteen books in this series and her newest one didn't disappoint me. I can't believe I'm going to say this though--the Ranger/Morelli controversy is getting a little old.

Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter and gets to chase after interesting bad guys after they ditch out on bail. The guy who creates urban taxidermy displays is hilarious, especially when his creations explode. The beaver scene made my eyes water (read it!). But really, this novel is about Stephanie's ex-husband Dickie who really lives up to his name. He is involved in a mafia/drug-dealing/money-laundering law firm and law partners are disappearing. Stephanie, of course, solves the case with help from Ranger, her dark Latino mystery guy, and Morelli, her old school police boyfriend.

No comments: