Friday, March 28, 2008

Cover-Up: Mystery at the Super Bowl by John Feinstein, Read by the author


I think I've purchased just about every book Feinstein has written for my library because they are so popular. Cover-Up has been out for awhile and I've been meaning to read it, so I jumped at the chance to listen to it. It was read by the author, and I hope he doesn't read anymore. The reading wasn't as good as it could've been. Too monotone for me.

Steve and Susan Carol are back as the famous kid sports reporters. They have already solved mysteries at the U.S. Open and the NCAA Final Four basketball tourney, and now they tackle the Super Bowl. Things are different though because Steve is let go by USTV and finds two new jobs--a newspaper and CBS. Susan Carol has to work with the star of a boy band who says "dude" a lot but serves as eye candy. They both use their connections to talk to big football stars and expose a cover-up about the Dreams offensive line being on HGH. There are lots of convenient coincidences because everything works out in the end. But, this is a decent mystery for young kids. To me, it's not really a high school book, but I purchased it because of the topic. Any book about football will be read.

No comments: