Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Luxe by Anna Godbersen

I'm so glad that Simon Pulse is pushing a historical fiction young adult novel. I know the publisher is pushing this as a Gossip Girl-like book, and I guess it is. The setting is New York City, 1899, and the main characters are rich girls, just like Gossip Girl. But, obviously, society has its own set of restraints. Elizabeth Holland is in love with the stable boy, but her mother needs to her marry the rich playboy for the money. The rich playboy has been messing around with Elizabeth's best friend, but ends up falling for Elizabeth's sister. Oh, the twisted games of love! :) It makes for a quick read though, and I highly recommend this chick lit book to girls. I've always loved romantic historical fiction, and hopefully this is will turn on girls to that genre.

No comments: