Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Riddle by Alison Croggon


I stopped reading this young adult novel on page 199. And I can't believe I did. I LOVED the first book in the trilogy, The Naming. I'm not sure why I can't struggle through The Riddle, but my time is valuable. I have a pile of other books to read that won't slog on like this one.
Maerad is on a journey to find the treesong with her teacher Cadvan. So far, that's all they've done. Traveled. Fought something occasionally. And Maerad is really good about being depressed and feeling sorry for herself. Maybe that's why I don't want to continue reading. So, I won't be reading the third book in the series, either. Too bad, because I really thought this series had so much potential. I'll be interested to hear what my students think about The Riddle and The Crow.

No comments: