Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Riding in Cars with Boys: Confessions of a Bad Girl Who Makes Good by Beverly Donofrio, Read by Chrstina Moore


I saw this audiobook at my local public library and had to check it out. My cover looks nothing like the cover you see here. My cover has a guy and a girl intertwined in the backseat of car--racy!

Beverly is a party girl in the 1960s who gets into trouble--big trouble. She's a teenager, pregnant, and married to a drug addict. She isn't so innocent herself and she obviously didn't take Parenting. She makes so many mistakes. She's a hippie, into drugs and alcohol, and feels put out because her son ruined her life. But she starts making correct choices. She eventually puts herself through college, with the help of scholarships and welfare. And her son is smart and takes care of himself and her pretty well.

I LOVED this book and really think all teenagers who are having sex should read it. In fact, I wish I could get copies of this for all teenage mothers at PHS, but I'm not sure if that would go over well. This is a true story of a girl who makes it. But she really takes years to grow up.

No comments: