Friday, November 14, 2008

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson & the Olympians Book Three, Read by Jesse Bernstein


I love the Percy Jackson books. I know, I know, they are supposedly written for kids, but my high school students like these, too. So it isn't just me! Riordan has a way of mixing the Greek myths with the modern world and making me love it!

Percy is really in trouble this time. The monsters and stirring and trying to fulfill the prophecy. A major god's child is supposed to overthrow the world. Is it Percy, the son of Poseidon? Or Thalia, the daughter of Zeus? Or (oh no!) is there another child of the Big Three out there somewhere?

Percy's friend Annabeth is kidnapped and Percy and his friends set out to rescue her. They travel to the Grand Canyon, San Francisco, and everywhere in between trying to find Annabeth and stop the curse. The evil Luke is back with his cruiseship full of mosters and Atlas shrugs off the weight of the sky to be evil, too.

No comments: