Friday, January 9, 2009

Graceling by Kristin Cashore


I should be reading Alex titles, but I just had to take a break when my new shipment of books came in at school. There are sooooo many tempting titles! I had heard good things about this YA novel, so I figured I'd see what the fuss was all about.

So, when is the sequel coming out? I want it! Her next book comes out in Oct. 09 so I'm hoping I can pick up the advanced reading copy at the ALA conference.

Katsa can kick some serious butt. She was born with different colored eyes that give her a Grace. Some may have the Grace of being an excellent swimmer, but Katsa is Graced with being a killer. She works for her uncle, the king, and she breaks legs, kills traitors, and follows orders. But Katsa doesn't like who she is so she starts the Council, a group of common people throughout the kingdoms who want to do good. They rescue a kidnapped grandfather and start a chain of events that is the plot of the book. Katsa meets Prince Po, the only man who is able to give Katsa a good fight. But Katsa doesn't want to fall in love because she's too busy and can't control her anger. And Po can't fall in love because he needs to figure out why his grandpa was kidnapped.

BUT all this love talk is secondary to the awesome fighting. Katsa knows how to throw daggers, rip off noses, and poke out eyes. She can render men unconscious and take out legions of men on her own. She is awesome!

1 comment:

Couchnest said...

I loved this book, also. Have you read Fire yet? I am anxiously awaiting Bitterblue now. I actually "read" the audiobook for Graceling, which was amazing. It's done by Full Cast so there are multiple readers and background music etc. It really helps to draw the listener into the story.