Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke, Read by Allan Corduner


I can't wait to see Inkheart this month (even though I never did go see Twilight!) because if the movie is anything like the book, I'll absolutely love it! Inkdeath is the final volume in Funke's trilogy about the Inkworld. Over the years, Mo and his daughter Meggie have traveled over to live in Inkworld, a fictitious world created by the writer Fenoglio. Mo has become The Bluejay (think Robin Hood) and the world is getting very dark. Everyone wonders how the story will end. The stinky Adderhead is slowly deteriating, thanks to the BlueJay's work, but the world is not a happy place. Funke seems to think her readers are grown up because of the violence and darkness. I also didn't like Meggie had to choose between two boys, when she played a larger role in the previous two books. This volume is all about Mo. But, hey, I still listened to all 20 hours of it!

No comments: