Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Lizard King : The True Crimes and Passions of the World's Greatest Reptile Smugglers by Bryan Christy


I agree with the review in Publisher's Weekly that the author had a great idea, but didn't present the information in a straightforward way. The story jumps around, and I kept having to flip back a few pages to see what guy the author was writing about. Some of the tales were fascinating. I couldn't believe how much the reptile smugglers make in America and it was disgusting to learn how these critters are smuggled into our country. If the tale didn't jump around so much, I would have enjoyed it more. I liked the special federal agent who spent his life trying to nail down the Lizard King, but that didn't come into focus until the end of the book.

No comments: