Friday, January 30, 2009

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr


I thought I was going to like this young adult novel, really I did. I know some girls at my school are followers of the series, but I just didn't like it. I kept thinking Tithe and Twilight and the Atwater-Rhodes books, and just didn't see anything new.

Aislinn has always been able to see fairies and she doesn't like what she sees. Her gram can see them, too, and the grandmother teaches Aislinn the rules. Don't aggravate them. Don't look at them and don't let them know you have the Sight. But then Keenan, the Summer King, comes along. He thinks Aislinn is his Queen, and the fey don't give up easily. So, think Twilight. Does she fall for Keenen with his wily ways? Or stick with Seth, her mortal studded man who lives in a train? Oh, the decisions....

No comments: