Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Revenge of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz


I was excited to see the third book of the Spellman series in my public library last week. It came out in March and somehow I forgot all about reading it. I have to admit that this one read a little bit slower for me, but you can't help but love the Spellman family.

Isabel Spellman is rebelling against her family's private investigation firm by being a bartender and bascially a bum. Isabel is in a state of arrested development and her parents finally give her an ultimatum--run the business or you get nothing. With court-mandated therapy and the help of her friends, Isabel matures enough to solve a case, find a place to live, and get at least some of the things in her life straightened out. Her love life is another story!

No comments: