Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Darling Jim by Christian Moerk


Three beautiful Irish sisters are pulled into a dark and twisted tale when they run into Jim, a handsome man on a motorcycle in their small town. He's sexy and irresistible, and even gets the girls' aunt to agree. But Jim is nothing but trouble, and soon tales of murder, rape and bad things fill the countryside. The girls are trapped, but it isn't by whom you think.

The first part of this book grossed me out and I loved it! But the constant presence of diary entries, letters, and flashbacks turned around things so much that by the end that I found myself wishing for better editing. I *loved* the storyline but wished for a better telling, which isn't a good thing to say about a book based around Irish storytelling. However, I can see this as a darn good movie.

No comments: