Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dead Girls Don't Write Letters by Gail Giles

I know I've read this tiny little book before, but couldn't find my rating on it anywhere. So at least it was a quick re-read! Giles' books are always a hit with reluctant readers at my high school, but I remembered toward the end of this one that I wasn't a fan of the ending. I'm not going to give it away in my review, but you might be left with a air of disappointment after finishing.

Sunny has always been the daughter who is ignored and teased by her sister and parents. Now that Jazz is dead, killed in an apartment fire, her dad is a drunk and her mother is a pill-popping depressed loser. Until Sunny receives a letter in the mail from Jazz. Next thing you know, Jazz is back in the family home. Maybe. Is she really back? Why? How?

No comments: