Monday, July 26, 2010

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

I know I've heard some buzz about this YA novel, so when I saw my mom (librarian at Meridian High School) had brought it on our family vacation, I snatched it. I usually don't care for books with a plot like the Groundhog Day movie, but this one held my interest.

Samantha relives the last day of her life over and over. She gets a chance to be with the right boy to save the life of someone else and to be nice to her family. And she learns not to be a snooty little witch. Amazingly, I wanted to keep reading to see what new decisions she'd make on her last day. Samantha can be a little dense, but she figures it out.

Can't wait to read her next book!

FYI--My mom read this the next day and loved it, although she thought the first day was a little too graphically teen. Her youngest daughter is almost 35, and she still doesn't like to know that some teenagers drink alcohol, have sex and other miscellaneous things.

FYI (too)--When I left Wisconsin, my soon-to-be freshmen niece started reading this one.

No comments: