Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Naked by David Sedaris, Read by the Author

Yeah, I've been on a Sedaris audiobook kick lately--I'm listening to Me Talk Pretty One Day right now and then I think I'm finished! He's performing live in Bloomington, Indiana next Weds. and I wish I could go, but not during volleyball season! Or when I have my daughter. So I'll just keep looking and hopefully he'll come back to the Midwest soon!

As always, his performances are best when performed in front of a live audience--his pausing is amazing and I just picture him up on stage telling a great story. The title story is about when he (as a joke) ordered a brochure for a nudist colony for his uptight brother, but then ended up spending a week there. It's hilarious! Once again, I was laughing in my car, but that's a pretty good way to spend time on the road.

No comments: