Friday, October 8, 2010

Killing Mr. Griffin by Lois Duncan, Performed by Ed Sala

I read this book years and years ago when I was a kid. This came out when I was THREE years old! But it's still popular with kids and teens. Why? Because it's about some students who kidnap a teacher (to shake him up), but the teacher accidentally dies. Mr. Griffin is a tough English teacher who never gives As because the students don't do perfect work. Even though the book is 30+ years old, the story still works. The kids are scared, stupid, and make horrible decisions. Even the ending doesn't wrap up nicely, which keeps kids thinking.

One thing I didn't like was Ed Sala's narration. I was bored silly at the beginning of the audiobook and had to really concentrate because his voice didn't vary much.

No comments: