Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Whole World Over by Julia Glass, Read by Denis O'Hare

The pretty cover delivered a pretty story which is just what I needed to listen to. Greenie is in a marriage that isn't making her happy, and when the governor of New Mexico tastes her cooking and invites her to be his chef, she accepts. She takes their four-year-old son to Santa Fe and finds happiness in her new job, her new friends, and an old friend who loves her. But her Walter, her husband, isn't a happy psychotherapist. Sept. 11 changes everything for the couple and their love and marriage is tested. I liked how the author treats Greenie and Walter's emotions--honestly and true. I felt like I knew both of them, and I wanted to keep listening to find out what happened to them professionally and personally.

No comments: