Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Good Neighbors: Kin, Book One by Holly Black and Ted Naifeh

Thankfully graphic novels are quick reads so I don't waste too much of time. I'm just too much of a traditionalist. I want my tales told linearly and I want my questions answered. And, um, that doesn't happen in most graphic novels.

Rue is a goth girl whose mother has disappeared and whose father is in a deep depression. And she's started seeing things--goblins and fairies and other weird looking people when she's out and about. Her professor father is arrested for the murder of a university student and under suspicion for the disappearance of her mother. But, of course, Rue is a fairy. That's why her mother was always naked in the garden--of course!

I know people out there like this book. It's checked out often in my library, but I'm just not a fan.

No comments: