Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

Cheesy. I wouldn't have finished this one unless I had to for PPYA. With quotes like "I was probably the only person who had ever loved him so much. And that made me the only person who could save him" and the typical preacher's daughter falling in love with a werewolf, there was nothing new in this young adult novel. I did like the cover, if that counts for something, although I'm not sure what the significance of the legs is.

Grace Divine grows up in the shadow of her perfect older brother Jude and her perfect preacher father and her perfect preacher's wife mother. But the family has its secrets and they never talk about them. Jude's best friend Daniel had troubles and moved in with their family, but suddenly ran away, only to come back this school year. Jude can't forgive him, but Grace is still in love with the mysterious boy. Well, duh, it's because he's a werewolf and the two of them are bound to love each other--gag. Harsh, I know, but if I want to read a werewolf love story, I'll take Shiver and Linger any day.

No comments: