Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Top Reads of 2010

For the first time, I decided to try to narrow my top reads of 2010 down to 10 titles. I couldn't make it! So here are my Top 11 Reads of 2010.


The Last Apprentice--Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney, performed by Christopher Evan Welch. The audio version rocked my world and led to me listening to the rest of the series.

Refresh, Refresh, a graphic novel by Danica Novgorodoff, adapted from the screenplay by James Ponsoldt, based on the short story by Benjamin Percy. You all know that a five star graphic novel from me is going to be an emotional whopper.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, The Infernal Devices Book One. I reviewed Clare's first series for VOYA and knew it was popular, but wasn't too thrilled with the writing. She impressed me with the first title in the prequel series though.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. I know, I know, I rave about John Green's books. And I will cherish my autographed copy (by both authors) forever! But rarely do co-written books end up being made of awesome like this one.

Peace, Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson, Read by Dion Graham. Lovely, lovely, sweet, little audiobook. Recommended for younger readers, but can easily be adored by readers of all ages.

New York: the Novel by Edward Rutherford, Read by Mark Bramhall. 30 CDs of epic New York history/soap opera.

Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork. Better than The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. Read it and see which book you like better!

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater. I don't usually like sequels. But ohhhh, the romance!

What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell. 1940's romance/mystery AND National Book Award winner!

Louise, The Adventures of a Chicken by Kate DiCamillo and Harry Bliss, Read by Barbara Rosenblat. Don't laugh. This audiobook/children's book rocks! And won the Odyssey Award.

The Good Soldiers by David Finkel. 2010 Alex Award winner and one of THE best war nonfiction I've ever read.

No comments: