Tuesday, December 14, 2010

V for Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd with Steve Whitaker and Siobhan Dodds

Well, this graphic novel award wins the award for taking the longest to read. It took DAYS and lots of squinting. I absolutely hated the font--all capital letters and small and squished together, so I had to hold the book close to my face. I got a headache from concentrating so hard. Yuck. Basically, this is the story of a man gone bad and then plotting to take out all those who wronged him. I couldn't help thinking of an evil Batman. The city was Gotham-like--dark and evil and a futuristic society where the government controlled everything and the common people didn't care or think.

All in all, I didn't mind the plot. But I didn't like the artwork or font. The watercolors were garish and the words were just too darn hard to read. I have perfect vision and don't like to be reminded of what my eyes will be like in 10-20 years!

No comments: