Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wishful Thinking by Alexandra Bullen

I hadn't planned on picking up this Uncorrected Proof to read first (out of the tons I received at ALA Midwinter this week in San Diego), but I was waiting for my ride to the airport and this was sitting on the coffee table in the Hotel Solamar lobby. I was bored and too lazy to get out one of my books from my bag, so I picked up this book with an attractive cover.

Hazel isn't happy with her life--she's been passed around foster homes since her birth mother gave her up as a baby. On her 18th birthday, Hazel is given her birth certificate with her mother's name on it. Her mother is an artist, and a show is being given soon. She plans and goes, only to find that she may be too late to get to know her mother. But a seamstress and three magical dresses allows her to have 3 wishes and Hazel is able to travel back in time and learn a lot about her mother, father, and family.

I didn't care for the epilogue, but the book was cute, an easy read, and satisfying. And I mean that in a positive way. Sometimes teen novels are so full of paranormal forbidden romance and angst that I need something just entertaining.


No comments: