Monday, March 7, 2011

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher, Read by Kim Mai Guest

It's very rare that I manage to listen to an audiobook and I don't feel connected to the story. But that happened to this YA fantasy read for some reason. I'm not sure if it was the narration or what, but I just didn't get into the action or the characters. In fact, my mind wandered a lot.

Claudia is the prison warden's daughter who lives a life of privilege, but she has to marry the prince. Of course, she doesn't want to. Finn lives in the prison Incarceron, and, of course, wants to get out. When the two teenagers find a way to communicate with each other, they hope to plan their escape. Claudia wants to escape from her father, the Queen, and the horrid man she is supposed to marry. Finn thinks he may have had a life before the prison, even though everyone says no one gets in or out. Again, I'm not sure why I didn't react well to this novel--I finished it, but I thought seriously about switching audiobooks.

The sequel, Sapphique, is already a bestseller. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaV_btGNKIQ&feature=player_embedded for the trailer.


No comments: