Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Sea of Trolls by Nancy Farmer, Narrated by Gerard Doyle

The first in a trilogy, I know I read this book years ago, but I didn't remember much besides Jack and tale of Beowulf. I reviewed the sequels for VOYA, too.

Jack is apprenticed to a bard, but is kidnapped by berserkers before he learns too much....or so he thinks. He must do his best to save his sister Lucy, but the two of them are thrust into a land of fantasy and adventure.

I'm not sure why, but this audiobook just didn't do much for me. I was bored, but that might have been because the book is written for younger readers. Doyle's voice was exciting and didn't hurt the story at all, so I can't blame it on the narrator. But my attention was wandering back to the road while I was driving.

No comments: