Monday, April 4, 2011

The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

Oh, Mr. Rothfuss, you know you've made it in the author world when your name is in big font on the cover! I wanted to read this sequel to The Name of the Wind so badly that I actually BOUGHT the book. And you readers know that I don't buy books. This one will be donated to PCHS, too, because I know some fantasy readers who are itching to read it.

Kvothe is back and still telling his adventures to the Chronicler. His adventures are getting wilder and the reader starts to understand why Kvothe is such a hero. He rescues women from danger, escapes a Fey seductress, learns to efficiently kill wrongdoers, and stays loyal to his friends.

I do have one complaint, though, and I know some other readers voiced this opinion in their book reviews, too. The section about the Fae chick just went on for too long.

However, Rothfuss is still one of the best fantasy authors around and I'm anxiously awaiting book number three!

No comments: