Friday, May 13, 2011

The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice series) by John Flanagan, Performed by John Keating

Now I have another series to purchase for my high school library! And some books to recommend to my boys who like Harry Potter, The Sorcerer's Apprentice series, and Pendragon.

Will, an orphan, has dreamed of becoming an apprentice in the Battle School. He wants to be a hero, and isn't very thrilled when he is drafted into the Ranger School. The Rangers are like the Baron's secret service, and Will finds out that his slight build, determination, and climbing skills come in handy in his new position. Will has plenty of chances to prove his worthiness, helping to bring down a wild boar and helping knights pursue the scary beasts.

There's a little bit of fantasy and a lot of medieval-ish warfare--I'm adding the entire series to my order for next school year.

No comments: