Sunday, June 12, 2011

In the Company of Others by Jan Karon, Read by Erik Singer

I know I blog a lot about YA books, but when I was a young adult, I read the heck out of Christian fiction. My mom is the librarian for my hometown Christian Church, and I used to help her catalog books with the old cards and pockets. I read everything Janette Oak wrote, as well as tons of other historical Christian series. So when I saw the newest audiobook by Jan Karon at my local public library, I had to see what Father Tim was up to. The cover was unbelievably pretty, too. I'm also a sucker for audiobooks with Irish accents, so I knew I would be in for a treat!

Father Tim and his wife Cynthia are on a vacation to Ireland, returning to a guest lodge where he was a guest in his single years. But their vacation takes a turn when Cynthia injures her ankle, requiring rest, and when they get sucked into the lives of their innkeepers. As always, Karon tells the tale of family in crisis and Father Tim (and God) are able to help. This type of Christian fiction is the best--not preachy, but very inspirational.

No comments: