Saturday, August 20, 2011

Confessions of the Sullivan Sisters by Natalie Standiford

I wasn't expecting rocket science from this chick lit book, but I was expecting something more enjoyable than what I got. The three Sullivan sisters must write their confessions to their grandmother Almighty because the old coot cut them all out of her will. And so we get the plot through their confessions. One sister loves an older man and runs away from her cotillion. One sister tells all the family secrets on her blog and gets suspended from school for blasphemy. The other sister thinks she's immortal and believes she killed her step-grandpa. And that's about it. I never did get attached to any of the characters and didn't laugh at all while I read the book. It was light-hearted in parts, but just didn't reach me. Best part of the book is the cover!

No comments: