Friday, March 2, 2012

Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber

I really enjoy books like this. Ever see Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Where the whole movie tells what happened in one crazy day in the life of Ferris? That's what this book is like. Reminded me of Finding Lubchenko and The Rise of Lubchenko, which are two books that I highly recommend to boy readers.

Perry is a senior who had high hopes when he heard his family was getting a Lithuanian foreign exchange student. Unfortunately, she wasn't hot and interesting.  In fact, she was boring and he felt obligated to be nice to her.  When she all of a sudden wants to go to senior prom with Perry, he is forced to take Gobi by his parents.  And then the action starts! Gobi isn't what Perry thought she was. I don't want to give away too much of the plot, but the night consists of high-speed car chases, the police, the mob, evil people, gunshots, murder, and revenge. I couldn't put this book down!

No comments: