Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Princes of Ireland: The Dublin Saga by Edward Rutherford, Read by John Keating

I LOVE Edward Rutherford and all his huge epics (see New York: the Novel) so I was thrilled to see that he broke The Dublin Saga up into two audiobooks for me--much more manageable! Irish, Welsh, and English accents liven us this audiobook--love it!

In true epic fashion, Rutherford follows a few families from the beginning of Ireland up to the beginning of Protestantism in England and the problems it causes in Ireland. I listened to the abridged audio, which may have caused me to not get too attached to the stories of the families. I felt like there was too much history and not enough personal drama to keep me interested. However, I'll listen to the next one just so I can hear the accents again!

No comments: