Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dark Horse by Tami Hoag. Read by Blair Brown.

I've read all of Dick Francis's books because they combine two of my favorite things to read about--horses and mysteries. Somewhere I saw a review of this series about Private Investigator Elena Estes and I thought I would give it a listen.

Estes is a former cop who isn't an official P.I.--she now works for a wealthy horse owner. But when a twelve-year-old wants Estes to help find her missing step-sister, Estes can't help but get involved. Soon she is meeting a sexy police detective (of course), suave foreigners who might be sexual predators, and other people who are more interested in money than the welfare of others.

It wasn't the best mystery I've read, but I'm intrigued and will continue the series.

No comments: