Monday, August 12, 2013

Carter Finally Gets It by Allen Carter. Read by Nick Podehl.

I forgot to blog about this title even though I finished weeks ago.

First of all, my 10-year-old is afraid to attend high school parties now because of listening to this book in the car with me while we were on vacation. I consider that a good thing! We had lots of great discussions about sex, boys, and boys and sex.  She hears so much at school that is WRONG, so it was nice to set her little mind straight.  I did fast forward through one little scene that I just couldn't listen to while she say bug-eyed in the backseat!

Carter is going into his freshmen year and can't stop thinking about girls. And what he's wearing. And how to be cool. And how to not get swirlies. And how to handle his ADD.  Basically he's like a lot of high school kids. But this book is hilarious! It reminded me of Stupid Fast--great for reluctant readers. There are two other books in the series.

No comments: