Tuesday, September 10, 2013

This Is How: Proven Aid in Overcoming Shyness, Molestation, Fatness, Spinsterhood, Grief, Disease, Lushery, Decrepitude & More. For Young and Old Alike. Read by the author Augusten Burroughs.

This is one of those self-help books that you can skim and scan to find the parts that apply to you--at least that's what I did. I didn't want to listen to the section about losing a child to disease or watching your spouse die of cancer. Some of those parts were just to depressing to take.  However, I LOVED the sections about dating, weight loss and shyness.  LOVED!!!!  I laughed, of course, but also had some serious stop and think moments. Augusten Burroughs is that guy that I wish I could hang out with--sure, he'd be a downer sometimes, but his sarcasm and honesty is something that I'd love to see in person!

No comments: