Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Iron House by John Hart. Read by Scott Sowers.

Back in 2009, I read this author's The Last Child and stayed up too late reading it.  This time, I didn't want to stop driving because I had to keep listening to it!

Iron House is an orphanage straight out of a nightmare--bullying, abuse, and boys who aren't loved.  Michael and Julian, two brothers, are trying to survive living there.  Julian ends up being adopted by a Senator's wife, while Michael runs away for a reason I won't say.  Flash forward twenty years to their lives now--Julian is a successful children's book author with a troubled mind and Michael is a calculating, rich man with connections.  They are brought together again in a whirlwind of events that kept me glued to my driver's seat.  Sowers did a great job narrating this book, too!

Give this to fans of adventure, mystery, suspense, and non-stop action!

And now I'm off to reserve Hart's other titles.....

No comments: