Thursday, October 3, 2013

Trail of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz. Read by Christina Moore.

This is the 5th installment of The Spellman Files (released in 2007) and the series is getting tired. I didn't laugh out loud while listening to the audiobook, although I did cringe with Christina Moore's version of Rae's  and Isabel's voices in places.  Funny how the accents and obnoxious-ness changed throughout the reading.

Isabel is still in a love/hate relationship with her family and trying to stall herself from growing up in her relationship with Henry.  Her arrested development didn't seem to be funny in this book--just sad.  Rae is all grown up now, too--her antics weren't as extreme as usual and the entire family just seemed to be growing up and apart.  I felt like this book was the last in the series--but I know that #6 The Last Word has already been published.  I think I'll do the book justice and read it in print form to see if I find it funnier.

No comments: