Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Week in Winter by Maeve Binchy. Read by Rosalyn Landor

I've never blogged about reading this author before for some reason, but I *love* listening to the audiobooks.  Binchy writes sweet little women's novels that are usually set in Ireland, so the narrator's voice is pleasing.  This novel is like the others I have read--independent tales about characters come together in the end.  On Goodreads, I've marked that I've read/listened to Minding Frankie, Heart and Soul, and Whitethorn Woods, and I believe I've read or listened to most of her other books.

This novel focuses on Stoneybridge and a woman's desire to turn an old house by the sea into a small hotel.  Various people come to stay and work there and their stories are interesting enough.  Not too much excitement, but the accent and pleasant character building keeps be listening to Binchy's new books. 

No comments: