Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. Book 2 of The Lunar Chronicles

I was a fan of Cinder, the first book in this series, and I've had the autographed ARC of this title on my shelf for more than a year! And I'm glad I picked it up!

Scarlet wears her red hoodie proudly as she delivers food in France in her grandma's spaceship.  When her grandma is kidnapped, Scarlet wants to find her and discover the family secrets.

Meanwhile (continued from Book One) Cinder is on the run from the Empire and the Lunar Queen and knows why she's wanted.  Cinder is part Lunar and part cyborg--she can use the screwdriver in her finger AND force people to do what she wants.  It's a lot of power and she doesn't want to use it evilly like the Queen.

Scarlet and Cinder are thrown together (of course) in some great fight scenes--love the fast pace of this novel.  Really, you can't go wrong with sci-fi twisted fairy tales! Book 3, Cress, is already out so I'll have to order it soon!


No comments: