Wednesday, July 9, 2014

"Dumbledore's Army Reunites at Quidditch World Cup Final"

I couldn't resist--I had to take a look at J. K. Rowling's new short story about the maturing Harry Potter. 
The story is located here: http://www.pottermore.com/en/daily-prophet/qwc2014/2014-07-08/dumbledores-army-reunites , although you will have to create a login and then hunt to find the small story.

I have to admit that she has the makings of a new book, as we learn about Harry's wild godson, Teddy Lupin, making out with Bill Weasley's beautiful daughter.  The short story is written as a report from Rita Skeeter, so she's good at stirring up trouble.  Are Harry and Ginny happily married? Why did Ron Weasley quit the Ministry for an "easier" job running the joke store? How did Harry get a cut on his cheek?

Rita raises more questions than she answers, and so Potter fans worldwide will be looking for the next installment.  I'm sure the fan fiction pages are going crazy writing the next installment.

I have to admit that I still love Harry Potter.  Reading this story reminded me of that world--I think I'll have to re-visit the audiobooks soon. 

No comments: