Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater

I was a fan of Stiefvater's Shiver series.  I sped through them. But I the first two in that series back in 2010, and I have to admit that I didn't remember a thing other than werewolf romance.

And then I was invited to a party at ALA Las Vegas last weekend to celebrate the book release of Sinner, a companion (or Book #3.5?) to the Shiver series.  Of course, I went. Who turns down free drinks, food, and books?

Maggie was adorable, even though I didn't wait in line to get her autograph.  I already have it on the ARC of Linger.  Look how excited she gets when talking about her books!

   And you have to love the awesome David Levithan modeling the sunglasses that were given away to all attendees.

The librarians were thrilled to see a life-size Cole St. Clair (the sexy protagonist/werewolf of the series) available for pictures, too.  I couldn't resist. 





That picture I'll keep large. He was better looking when he didn't smile and kept on the bad boy sneer, trust me. To reward Scholastic, I chose Sinner to read in one sitting that night at the hotel when I should have been sleeping.  I hadn't planned on reading it one sitting, but I forgot that MAGGIE STIEFVATER WRITES AWESOME WEREWOLF/ROMANCE BOOKS.  And so read it. And I sighed at the appropriate parts.  And I cursed the main characters when they needed it. And I hoped that Cole and Isabel could get their acts together and finally have the great relationship that they deserved.  Sigh. Great read.


No comments: