Thursday, October 23, 2014

Threatened by Eliot Schrefer

ThreatenedThreatened by Eliot Schrefer
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Okay, folks, I do not see what the big deal is about this novel. Yes, it's about chimps. Yes, it has a horrible cover. Yes, I feel like I'm being preached at, and not just about the chimps, but about poverty and orphans and society. Someone explain why the National Book Award nomination?

And that's only 80 pages in, so I'm stopping. I have a lot of other books on my To Read list that look better than this one.

Interested to see what some of my goodreads friends think about it. Am I far off in my judgment of this? I've read some reviews about how this is perfect for high school students and I am just not seeing it. It just doesn't seem genuine to me.

View all my reviews

No comments: