Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth Laban

The Tragedy PaperThe Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I felt like I was reading another version of Thirteen Reasons Why, and that wasn't a good thing. Duncan returns to his senior year at a boarding school to find that a student from last year, Tim, has left him a gift of CDs. The CDs are his own story, and it's an interesting one. Tim is an albino who transferred to the school for his last semester, and his relationship with a popular girl on campus is one that Duncan wants to hear about.

Unfortunately, I wanted Tim's story, told from his perspective. I didn't think Duncan's viewpoint added anything to the plot at all, especially when I felt like I was getting the definition of tragedy shoved down my throat during the classroom scenes.

View all my reviews

No comments: