Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Nazi Hunters: How a Team of Spies and Survivors Captured the World's Most Notorious Nazi by Neal Bascomb

The Nazi Hunters: How a Team of Spies and Survivors Captured the World's Most Notorious NaziThe Nazi Hunters: How a Team of Spies and Survivors Captured the World's Most Notorious Nazi by Neal Bascomb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a fascinating account of the hunt for Adolf Eichmann, the Nazi leader of the Jewish extermination during World War II. I had never heard of this hunt, or how some countries harbored Nazis after the war. I didn't know that Eichmann was the first and only man ever sentenced to death in Israel.

Eichmann took pride in doing his job well--one of his last sentences was "I had to obey the laws of war and my flag." Ugh. I kept thinking of the two soldiers who followed the Code Red order in A Few Good Men--this is a few million times worse. So sad that one of his sons is still a neo-Nazi in Argentina.

Includes photographs, illustrations, author's note, bibliography, notes, and index. Good non-fiction read for junior high and up.

Pretty cool that the book was printed and bound by RR Donnelley in Crawfordsville, Indiana, too.

View all my reviews

No comments: