Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Story of Owen: Dragon Slayer of Trondhei by E.K. Johnston

The Story of Owen (Dragon Slayer of Trondheim, #1)The Story of Owen by E.K. Johnston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Amazing world--the dragons are amongst us! Siobhan was just a budding musician in Ontario when the nephew of a famous dragon slayer moved into town. Next thing you know, she is his bard and the two are determined to save their small town from a recent infestation of dragons.

I have to admit that it took me awhile to read the last half of the book--and that's what keeps it from being 4 stars. Love the world and the characters, but I guess I wanted more action! I loved the Canadian setting and how the name-dropping occurred--everyone from Lady Gaga to famous authors in English class.

This is definitely an author who is one to watch!

View all my reviews

No comments: