Monday, March 30, 2015

The Son by Jo Nesbo. Read by Gildart Jackson.

The SonThe Son by Jo Nesbø
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a standalone novel from the Norwegian author famous for his Harry Hole crime novels.

Sonny Lofthus escapes from prison, and everyone is terrified. He's been taking the murder rap for several people so that he could feed his heroin addiction while he was incarcerated. Everyone is corrupt in this novel--the prison administration, the police, and the mobsters that run the Oslo underground cartel. Sonny is on a mission to get revenge on the people who really messed up--it's his duty.

While the plotline was interesting and I loved the Nordic setting, things just moved too slowly for me. I was listening to the audiobook so that might have been the fault of the narrator, but I believe it was just the writing that I'm not a fan of. It's popular worldwide though.

View all my reviews

No comments: